UniCopter - Marketability
OTHER: Miscellaneous - UniCopter - Marketability
The viability of building this specific size of craft, beyond the fact that it is the lowest cost way of developing the concepts.
Uses for UniCopter:
Requirements for a Viable Craft:
- Easy to Fly:
- As easy or easier than an airplane.
- Certified craft. ????
- High quality and safety factors.
- Observable Degradation.
- Minimal Parts.
- Multi-function items, where appropriate.
- Redundancy, where necessary.
For storage and transportation.
- Easy to Fly:
- So that the operator can devote much more of his time and knowledge to the mission's task and less to piloting.
- So that there is a high usage/maintenance ratio.
- Fast Forward Flight, Economical in Hover, and Quite:
- Significantly improved Lift/Drag Ratio and Figure of Merit.
- For maximum utility,
- Low Initial Cost:
- Low Maintenance Cost:
- High Resale Value:
- Only volume production will offer a significant improvement to the above three lines.
- Only very high demand will cause volume production.
- Lower cost pilot's license:
- Increased safety will be a major factor here.
- Commercial Applications:
- The easy of piloting will eliminate the need for a second person for some applications.
It must be considerably easier to fly then conventional helicopters (and hopefully airplanes?). This is necessary so that the majority of the operator's;
- education was devoted to his specialty, and not to flight training.
- productive time is spent concentrating on the mission's task, and not on the flying.
I.e. Most professionals know how to drive a car, but how many know how to pilot a helicopter?
It must be more functional, reliable and safer than conventional helicopters. This is necessary so that there are additional compelling reasons to buy this craft.
Due to the above two requirements, it must have its own pilot's certificate or rating. The reduced time and cost in obtaining a pilot's license will allow more people to become pilots and this will increase the demand for the craft.
Same Page ~ Different Craft: SynchroLite - Marketability
Considerations as to which Helicopter to Build: OTHER: Miscellaneous - SynchroLite vs. UniCopter
Introduction Page | SynchroLite Home Page | Electrotor Home Page | UniCopter Home Page | Nemesis Home Page
Last Revised: November 12, 2007